Welcome to Dragonscale Clippings

Inside the mind of a writer...

My motto for 2012: Quality, not quantity

I am currently exploring the sensation of Sound...

Monday 21 March 2011

How To Write Your Way Home

How To Write Your Way Home

by Fiona Robyn

reviewed by Freya Pickard

This is one of the most beautiful books I've ever read. Beautifully presented and written it is a delightful handbook for all creative writers whether beginners or published novelists. 

The book revolves around Lorrie's Story which is told in 6 parts, interspersed with thoughts and inspirations for writing. 

Lorrie's Story is a poignant yet positive tale. Robyn pays attention to small details which do not hinder the narrative. Instead, these little details make Lorrie real and the story believable. 

Having been writing seriously for nearly 20 years now (and not being taken seriously by either publishers or agents so far) I found the pieces between each part of Lorrie's tale refreshing and inspiring. So much so that I've started writing 3 sides of A4 before I sit down at my computer whenever I have a "writing" day. (I used to do this years ago and don't know why I ever stopped). It is a brilliant way of gettin grid of the dross before I write properly and some of the things I've written so far can be used in articles or stories...

Don't miss out! Download your free copy of How To Write Your Way Home from www.writingourwayhome.com

1 comment: