Welcome to Dragonscale Clippings

Inside the mind of a writer...

My motto for 2012: Quality, not quantity

I am currently exploring the sensation of Sound...

Thursday 20 October 2011

# 2 - Why I chose...

Putting together my newsletter is as much an art form as writing a story or a novel. 

So, why did I choose an excerpt from The Romance, Linda Turner's Classroom Sonnet and Anne Baksteen's photograph of Big Ben?


The excerpt from The Romance was intended to make people smile (as were the blogs) to balance the overwhelming feeling of sadness and loss in the Classroom Sonnet. 

I find Sonnets very difficult to write and admire Linda's talent and wordsmithying. I liked the sense of loss and sadness and felt that Anne's photography linked tenuously with Linda's words. In her picture I saw old and new architecture that blended together harmoniously. 


Thank you to everyone who's got back to me already with feedback - I will be publishing it over the next few weeks! If you haven't yet let me know what you think, I would love to hear from you!

And if you would like to read #2 of Dragonscale Clippings, please email me at Freya
with Subscribe Clippings in the subject line. 

Stay creative!

Freya 

No comments:

Post a Comment